Happy 3rd Birthday Chloe!
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Chloe is and has been the sweetest blessing in OUR lives. She has touch each of our hearts by being the kindest soul. When Jason first met Chloe, his heart melted. It was love at first sight. They haven't left each other's side since day one. My mother has always been afraid of dogs. But because of Chloe's sweet and calm nature, my mother has overcome that fear. Fittingly enough, Chloe came into our lives a year after we lost an important member of our family: my grandfather Cayo. I never noticed until months after that we choose a name for the new addition that also started with a C. She has my grandfather's kind spirit that we all loved among other things which remind me of him. The relationship between Chloe and my father is a bond that no man, woman or child could replicate. She has loved my father unconditionally. My father, lost his father and Chloe helped him heal from the pain and separation. It's been a blessing having her little heart love ours.
Since Chloe is a Rescue dog, we didn't know exactly how old she was. The animal shelter assumed she was about 4 months old. So, we counted it backwards to January as being her birth month. At this point, we could choose any day to be her birthday. The question begged to be answered, which day do we choose? I was born on January 10th, Jason was born on February 5th. Since Jason and I had always felt this strong connection with each other and now Chloe, it only made sense to use the day that was our halfway mark: January 23rd.
From that point on, we have always celebrated Chloe's Birthday on this day. Just yesterday marked her 3rd birthday. I can't believe she's getting older each day and that one day she will no longer be with us. I adore her to bits! I'm just glad that my friend Jackie helped me to get her. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have Chloe in my life. It really was my friend's persistence that helped us. When we arrived at the shelter there was already a family ready to take her home. Luckily for me, my friend called in to let them know that we were on our way to pick her up. It was an opportunity of a lifetime that will never present itself again. I'm truly blessed.
0 comments