Back From Texas!

Friday, February 23, 2007

Hey everyone, I'm back from Texas! I'm still in vacation mode. I wish I didn't have to go back to school on Monday because when I get back I have two midterms. So far, I don't feel like studying. Sigh... I gained 2lbs on my trip, even though we worked out each day we were there. But I didn't watch what I ate that much and I made sure I had all the fried food I wanted! hahaha First thing we did when we got there was hang out with Kenney's family and friends. Then, the next day we hit up Austin to go to a UT hoop game. It was a beatdown and I enjoyed the experience a lot. I wish I was part of the rowdy crowd of students behind the hoops though. It was so cool. We were sitting in the UT alumni section. I wish I was part of a college that was prominent in sports. Oh well. I guess I can just hope my kids go on to a university like UT. Whatever the cost might be, that's what I'm going to do. We bought ourselves so much Longhorns gear, it kinda made me sick. hahaha We also bought lots of stuff for our friends and their kid too. For the kid we got him a bib, a football, a burnt orange baby jumpsuit, and a plate set with a cup, fork and spoon. We kinda went UT crazy on our trip. hahaha Here are some of our pictures from the game:


Texas07_004_1Texas07_008_1Texas07_014Texas07_015






We got a picture of Kevin Durant, but we weren't able to take a picture with him because he immediately left the court. Kenney's almost positive he's going to join the NBA draft this year and be the number one pick.

Before the game I was also able to meet up with my old friend Tom at a nearby bar. Unfortunately we weren't able to hang out with him long. We had to drive back to San Antonio that night, so we left right after the game. At that point, when we got back home we were exhausted. The next few days was more laid back, we just hung out with our friends and family. I wasn't able to see my goddaughter. Which sucked, but maybe I'll be able to make another trip out this year. I kinda doubt it though. I hear summers there are intense, so I might go back the same time next year because the weather was perfect when we were there.

So, here's my impression of San Antonio: Driving was a breeze. I had no problem driving around, even though some people drive a little crazy. The whole time I was there, I kept trying to convince Kenney on getting a house there. He wants to but he researched that the values of the homes haven't gone up in the past few years and he hates the intense heat there. A few reasons I love the place are that they have great restaurants, they have great malls, the houses are cheaper than they are out here, and it's someplace other than California. Most likely, it wouldn't be a place we'd live at but, I definately wouldn't mind buying a home there.

Anyway, I had a great time. I made some new friends and I'm going to miss them. I told Laura that I couldn't wait til she came out to California, she looked at me and said, "duh" hahaha. She knows that Kenney is obesessed with sports and that it gets old. hahaha It's clear that I don't know anyone else who's that into sports. Can't wait til we return to Texas! Here are more pictures that we took on the trip:



Texas07_001Texas07_003_1



Overall, I had a great time off from school. Kinda regret it because I go back to lots of work and I'm still on vacation mode. But better now than before finals. I can't wait til summer and start working, plus side is that we also get to have Laura around. Mostly, I can't wait til school is over and I can start a career. I feel like I'm in a prison right now until school is over. I cannot wait til it's over. Is it summer yet? hahaha Alright I'll update you again soon. Bye!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram