Happy Valentine's Day!
Wednesday, February 14, 2007Let's make a toast! To another successful Valentine's Day! I'm grateful for another wonderful Valentine's evening with Kenney. The first one was the best, but I got to admit that last night was one of the best nights I've had with him in a long time. It was really hard to get him to wear anything but Hawaiian shorts and a t-shirt. I told him that I only expected him to "dress up" two times a year: Valentine's Day and Our Anniversary. Which is coming up by the way. What was even harder was to convince him to go out to dinner in general because he's beginning to notice how much cheaper it is to eat at home. So he trips out on how expensive the bill can be, especially if it's something I can make at home. I've got to give him lots of credit for last night because he was in a great mood despite the fact that he lost all his games and his attention stayed on me. So, I really appreciate that. He got me a dozen roses, they were waiting for me when I got home from school yesterday. Flowers are such a wonderful surprise. I couldn't ask for anything more than flowers and a quite night with my boyfriend. It may sound like that it's nothing, but it means a lot to me because of the type of guy he is. He'd rather sit at home and watch sports or better yet go to a game. We would've gone to a Warriors game instead if he hadn't of believed me when I said that they weren't playing last night! haha I feel bad about lying, but I haven't stopped being selfish yet. Maybe next year I'll be a little more lenient. But I'm a sucker for romance, so I can't really say that I would. haha. Gotta keep it real right?
Kenney isn't really a difficult person to shop for, but it is still kind of hard buying him stuff on official gift giving holidays such as Valentine's. Not to mention, as well as on my budget. I figured I would spend a little of my tax return on his gifts, because I felt that it was worth it. So, I did. I got him a bunch of small things he always said he wanted. Here's the gift list: 2 Hawaiian shorts, 1 DVD-Invincible (sports movie of course), 1 CD-Dr. Dre Chronic (the first one), and 1 Gift Certificate for a pedicure. Isn't that cute? He's gonna get a pedicure. He likes to get pampered like that. I was going to get him a massage, but I didn't think he would be able to find the time to go. Besides, I think he's too bashful to take off his shirt. I don't think he likes to admit that, but I'm quite positive that it's true. After we got our gifts, we got ready to go to dinner. He wanted to eat sushi, so I searched for a romantic Japanese restaurant close to home. It was a little hard to find because I usually go to those fast food Japanese joints. But I found one in Palo Alto called Fuki Sushi off of El Camino Real. It was a beautiful place. Our table was on the floor, in one of those rooms. It was really interesting, we had to take off our shoes and sit on the floor with other people. I think God was on my side that night for putting us at that table because it was secluded from the rest of the restaurant and there was no TV! Was I a lucky girl last night! Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasures.

For our anniversary I do expect to do something romantic. I've been wanting to go to this beautiful restaurant in Pacific Grove, near Monterey. The restaurant's name is Lattitude's on Lover's Point. Isn't that a cute name? Check out the pictures, I'm sure most of you will agree that it looks like a romantic restaurant. Our anniversary is on April 3rd. That was the day that we agreed that we wanted to be with only each other. But in reality, at that time I wasn't really acknowledging him as my boyfriend. For him he was already acknowledging me as his girlfriend but, he knew I wasn't calling him my boyfriend. It wasn't until ten days later that we seriously talked about it and talked about an Anniversary date. He told me that I could choose, so I chose the 13th because that was the day we officially talked about it. So, in some weird way we have two anniversary dates. In the sports world April 3rd is the worst date to have an anniversary because it is the last game of college basketball. We agreed that celebration must take place the week after, frankly I only care as long as it's between the two dates. If it's after the 13th, then it kinda defeats the purpose in my mind.
We will be going to San Antonio, Tx next week! Expect news on that too. We are only going to be there for a short time. Which really sucks because he wants to spend as much time with Laura as he can. She definately needs to come to California during the Summer because he'll flip out going months without seeing her. We will also be attending a college basketball game: UT vs. Texas Tech. GO LONGHORNS! Hook 'em! YEAAAH! It'll be my first college basketball game. Hopefully it'll be crazy. While I'm out there I'm hoping to see my family and my God Daughter-Sharon. Hopefully, I'll be able to get you all some pictures of that too. It's time for an update on her. I'm also hoping to see my oldest friend...not in age, but length of time. Let's see, I've known him since 3rd grade so that gives us...18 years? WOW. haha Last major memory with him was having him as my partner for my Cotillion, when I was 18. Time flies by quickly. Out of all of our friends from elementary school, we're the only two: Not married, with no kids and with a college education. Considering the neighborhood and the generation we came from, that is a really good thing. Again, it might not seem like much to most of you but, it really does mean a lot to me.
Anyway, I've been drafting this blog for about an hour now. That means, I need to go. I got up in the middle of the night to write some papers for school. I have to do a make-up assignment AND a wrting project. It's all in my brain, it just needs to meet the computer. haha I'm trying to do work that's due next week because I won't be in class all week. I'm only concern is that I might be missing a quiz. Hopefully I can convince my professor to let me make it up. Alright, so you guys will have something to look forward to in the next blog. Hopefully you'll get to see lots of pictures as well, if the site will allow me to. I think I have a limit each month. BOO! haha
I also wanted to add that I know most of you read it, because you tell me haha. But feel free to leave a comment. There might be a way to keep it private, but if not you can always send me a message. Hugs and Kisses to all of you that had a miserable Valentine's this year. Hope next year is good for all of us!!!
0 comments